Thank you to all who attended the May 5th Congregational Meeting. You can find the minutes for that meeting here as well as the slides used for the presentation here. They are also available in printed form, at the Information Center in the Gathering Space. Our next Congregational Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, August 18th after the 10:30 Eucharist.
At the end of the meeting, a feedback survey was distributed and here are follow up reports to questions that were asked:
- Maintenance: The Maintenance Committee did not make a report at this meeting but plans to do so at the August meeting. One big project coming up is resealing and striping our parking lot in July. We are so thankful for an anonymous donation that will cover part of that cost.
- School: Enrollment 2018-19 = 234; Enrollment as of Jun 5 for 2019-20 = 199
Tuition for 2019-20 = $5,670 for community member, $4,570 for TLC member
Indiana School Choice Scholarships given = 41 students, $141,572.11
- Church Staffing: A request was made to give an overview of the duties and roles of our church staff. We plan to make that report in the August meeting.
- Generosity Initiative: In the 20/20 Vision Meetings last winter, Pr. Mielke shared his recommendation that we have a Generosity Initiative this fall. This journey is intended to help us all grow in our generosity and better resource the ministry the Lord has given us. This includes an effort to move towards debt freedom.
Duane Wilcoxson reported to the congregation that we have identified a group called Generis as our ministry partner to assist us. We have now received an analysis report done by Generis and we are continuing to work with them this summer to prepare for the fall.
In August, the Council will present that plan to the congregation for approval in order to move forward with the Generosity Initiative. Look for more information in mid-summer.
- Bible Study and Sunday School on Sunday mornings. After surveying the congregation in the 20/20 Vision Meetings, over 80% of the participants favored having a time on Sunday Mornings for such classes. We are happy to report that your staff is busy making plans for the fall! The plan is to have Eucharist offered at 8:30 and 10:45 with Bible Class and Sunday School offered from 9:45 – 10:30 starting Sunday, September 8th. Look more information on what will be offered later this summer!
As always, if you have any questions, please contact the Church Office which can put you in contact with your Council members or staff. We are honored to serve you as our Trinity family.