Trinity's Response to COVID-19 - CoronaVirusConnected Care
During these uncertain times, we wanted to let you know that while the building may be closed, our Church is open. We are excited about the unique ministry opportunities this challenging time will bring.
Our Covid-19 – Coronavirus Strategy
As people all over the world adjust to a new normal for a time, so does our church here at Trinity and the big C church around the world. We are taking the approach that in this time we are choosing to put people first. With that in mind, this page will give you all the information you need to do the same. In this uncertain time Trinity is continuing to work to grow the Faith of people in the Michiana community and beyond, be a support to Families, and to bring the hope of an eternal Future, but also a Future beyond this time and current circumstance.
Faith, Family, Future.
Ministry Updates related to COVID-19
At this current time, all church and school activities on campus are canceled. You can find more information on the status of our various ministries below.
For the time being, we will conduct all our worship services through Facebook.
Our worship schedule will be
Weekend Worship at 10am Sunday Morning
Midweek Worship at 7pm Wednesday Night
Update 3/26: Starting today there will be an evening devotional minute for the next 14 days. These :60sec devotions will focus on each station of the Cross as we approach the 3 Holy of Holy Week, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter.
Beginning Monday, March 23rd, check Facebook every day after 7am for a morning devotional from one of our very own Trinity School Staff.
Dinner devotionals will be posted at 4:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday and will be led by a member of our church staff.
Holy Week and Easter
We are currently planning on what we can do to celebrate the most important days of the church calendar, in a special way. Check back for more updates
With our intention to put people first, we are making a point to check in with every member of the Trinity Family weekly. Each week you will receive a contact from a member of our staff or lay leader. If you don’t receive a call by March 28th, fill out the form below to let us know, and we can update your contact information.
Small Groups & Bible Study
Update 3/26 – Prayer Vigil This weekend
Our 12-hour prayer vigil on Saturday, March 28th (5 AM – 5 PM) is being moved from the church into our homes. We need to pray now, more than ever, for our world, the Church, those in need, as well as our Ignite vision. Would you please spend an hour or whatever time you can give in prayer? If you would like to pray with others via Zoom, we have leaders and prayer activities ready for the hours. Sign up for an hour here and you will receive an invite to a Zoom call.
Small Groups & Bible Study
As a church, we feel it is important to be a good citizen and look out for the most vulnerable among us. We are encouraging small groups to continue to meet virtually. Community and connection will be even more important during this time of social distancing. You can make use of the tools you already use, or implement some new ones like a Facebook Group, or a Zoom or Google Meet video chat. If you need assistance getting started contact our church office at email@example.com
We are currently working on some ways to deliver an online Bible study. There are also several great online resources that you could access.
Trinity Lutheran School
Per the Governor’s statement on March 19th, our school building is closed until May 1st, pending no new developments.
Our students preschool – 8th grade are engaging in remote learning. Our staff is committed to bringing the best learning experiences to our students using the blessing of technology while supporting families during this stressful time.
Recent Church Communications
Dear Trinity Family,
I continue to pray that you and all your loved ones are well. Here is an update on what we are doing at Trinity as we respond to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
- Culminating our IGNITE generosity journey in online worship this Sunday. As we meet this Sunday again at 10 AM on our Facebook page, we will have a special part of our service to ask God’s blessing on our IGNITE commitments. Since we have been preparing to do this for quite some time, let’s go ahead and take this step of faith together. If you haven’t already, please pray about and complete your IGNITE commitment card by Sunday. Here is a great video to explain the commitment card. Please have the card with you, as we worship, along with a candle and a lighter or matches.
- Prayer Vigil – Our 12 hour prayer vigil on Saturday, March 28th (5 AM – 5 PM) is being moved from church into our homes. We need to pray now, more than ever, for our world, the Church, those in need, as well as our Ignite vision. Would you please spend an hour or whatever time you can give in prayer? If you would like to pray with others via Zoom, we have leaders and prayer activities ready for the hours. Sign up for an hour here and you will receive an invite to a Zoom call.
- Our Generosity. Please continue to remember your financial gifts to the Lord at Trinity, especially during this time. Though the building is closed, Trinity is open and we continue to provide ministry, including many new opportunities. Our financial gifts support that work each day and make it happen. You can give by:
- Visiting our website and clicking “Give Online”
- Downloading the Tithe.ly app.
- Texting “Give” to 765-314-4040.
- Mailing your offering to the Church: 30888 C.R. 6, Elkhart, IN 4651
- Morning Devotions (M-F) at 7 AM, led by one of Trinity Lutheran School teachers
- Evening Devotions (M, T, Th, F) at 4:30 PM led by one of the church staff.
Be at peace and be well, my friends. He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:11)
Dear Trinity Family,
Happy St. Joseph’s day. As St. Joseph protected the child Jesus, now may the crucified and resurrected Jesus protect us!
I hope this update finds you well. I also hope that these latest adjustments to our life together at Trinity will serve us for the rest of March. We will then update you as we look into April and prepare for Holy Week. But if plans change, we will be in touch.
Here are 3 big ways we will minister to you during this time:
- Worship. We will worship together online from our homes. We will not meet at the church. Not ideal, I know. But there’s a gift to be found here. Our homes become what they truly are, “little churches.” Praise and thanks to God is going to be offered up all over our Michiana community! Go to our Facebook page on Sundays at 10 AM and for Lenten midweek service on Wednesdays at 7 PM. If those times don’t work, you can watch anytime after it is posted! Even if you don’t have a Facebook account you can watch.
- Daily Devotions. We will also post on our Facebook page a morning devotion at 7 AM led by one of our very own Trinity Lutheran School faculty (M-F) and an evening devotion posted at 4:30 PM led by one of the church staff (M, T, Th, F). You might think about using them for devotions during your mealtimes.
- Care Connect. Every household of our Trinity family will receive a call from a staff or lay leader each week. We want to make sure you are well and that we can all stay connected. You can expect a call by Saturday, March 28th. If you haven’t received one by then, please contact the church office so that we can make sure we have all of your correct information.
Please know that your staff is lifting you up in prayer. We are so very thankful for the many prayers you have offered for us and for all of your encouragement and grace in this unprecedented time. We feel it and your love gives us great strength.
May the promises of Scripture give you great comfort and strength these days, promises like this one: The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. (Psalm 121:7–8 ESV)
Your brother in Christ,
Recent School Communications
Looking to Help?
During these uncertain times, we have an opportunity to share the calming presence of Jesus with others in our community. We have compiled a list of opportunities to serve that we are currently aware of. If you can assist, please take a minute to fill out the form so we can quickly connect you to the area of need you would like to serve in.
In need of Prayer or Assistance?
We are committed to putting people first as we all deal with these uncertain times together. If you are in need of prayer or assistance please take a second to fill out this brief contact form and let us know how we can help.
Support Our Ministry
Tithe.ly Website Explainer Video
Tithe.ly Mobile App Explainer Video
Tithe.ly Mobile App Explainer Video
Your continued worship through your giving and generosity is vital to continue Trinity’s Ministry during this uncertain time.
Continue or begin your online giving to support the ministry at Trinity. Consider setting up re-occurring giving as a simple and consistent way to give your gift.
Mobile & Text Giving
There are two options for giving from your phone. You can download the tithe.ly app from either the Apple Store or the Google Play store. You can also use the text-to-give feature by simply texting ‘Give’ to (765) 314-4040.
You can simply send in an envelope with your gift to the church at:
Trinity Lutheran Church
30888 C.R. 6
Elkhart, IN 46514